The main transportation in Thiruvananthapuram Rural Police District is through Railway, Road. From the north to the south ( In Attingal and Neyyattinkara Sub Divisions) of the district main transportation is through Railway route, National Highway 47 (NH 47) and Main Central Road (MC Road/SH-1). In eastern part (Nedumangadu Sub Division) there is no Railway route and the transportation is through State Highways 2 and 3. The district has major rivers and several freshwater lakes. In some remote areas of the district, ferry is used to cross the rivers .
Traffic tips to road users
- Obey traffic rules at all times
- Obey all traffic signals and road sings
- Give preference to emergency vehicles and other fast moving vehicles wherever conditions allow.
- Mandatory use signals who turning, stopping, over taking slowing down and parking
- Park only in designated areas.
- Give due consideration to pedestrians at all times
- Keep within permitted speed limits at all times