Balaramapuram Police Station0471 - 2400366 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Police Station came into Existence on 26th November 1973 as per notification No. 1830/73/Home dated 26-11-1973. Now the Police Station is housed in a Govt Building having Building No. BP V/562 situated in a n area of 8 cents of land comprised in Survey No. 455/01 of Pallichal village. The location of station is at Balaramapuram Junction, Southern side Thiruvananthapuram- Balaramapuram road-NH 47 and western side of Balaramapuram- Vizhinjam road. Parts of Kottukal, Venganoor, Athiyanoor road Pallichal villages come under the jurisdiction of this Station.
Balaramapuram is a small town in the Thiruvananhtapuram District . Balaramapuram is famous for its hand-spun cloth. Weaving is a cottage industry here with cooperative activity.
Balaramapuram, Pallichal and Venganoor Panchayaths. Pallichal, Kottukal, Athiyannoor, and Venganoor Villages.
Border Police station
Neyyattinkara, Naruvamoodu, Vizhinjam, Maranaloor, Kanjiramkulam.
Judicial First Class Magistrate Court - III Neyyattinkara.
Parliament constituency and Legislative Assembly
Balaramapuram PS limit comes under Thiruvananthapuram Parliament Constituency and in Kovalam Legislative Assembly
Major Establishments and Institutions
- Parvathy Hospital Kodinada
- Medical Trust Kodinada
- Sneha Hospital Vanigar Street
- Revathy hospital Vadakkevila
- Ayurveda Hospital Market Jn
- Govt.Hospital, Balaramapuram Opposite Balaramapuram Panchayath office
- Panchayatha Office, Balaramapuram Balaramapuram
- Village Office, Balaramapuram Market Jn
- Village Office, Kottukal Kottukal
- kSEB, Balaramapuram Balaramapuram
- Post Office Balaramapuram
- Govt.Higher Secondary School Balaramapuram
- Govt. High School, Balaramapuram Balaramapuram
- Muthumary Amman Higher Secondary School Kottukal
- Govt.LPS Poonkode
- Govt.Higher Secondary School, Venganoor Chavadinada
Banks and Financial Institutions
- SBI Balaramapuram,Opposite Panchayath Office
- SBT Kodinada
- Indian Oversdeas Bank Vazhimukku
- Federal Bank Kattakada Road
- Canara Bank Kattakada Road
- South Indian Bank Kattakada Road
- Indian Bank Kattakada Road
- Bank of India Kattakada Road
- KSFE, Balaramapuram Balaramapuram,Near Reliance Pump
- Balaramapuram Co-operative Bank Balaramapuram
Religious Buildings and Places
- Siva Temple Thembamuttom
- Mulluvila Devi Temple Poonkode
- Devi Temple Mangalathukonam
- Devi Temple Mudavoorpara
- Augasthiar Swami Temple Chaliyar Street
- RC Church RC Street
- Mosque Vazhimukku
- Mosque Balaramapuram Town
Main Roads in the Station limit
Thiruvananthapuram – Parassala ( NH 47), Kattkkada Vizhinjam Road.
Traditionally Important Places
Handloom weaving at Balaramapuram has a history that spans 300 years. At the behest of Balaramavarma, Maharaja of erstwhile Travancore, as part of an agro-industrial development plan for the state, the dalawa Ummini Thampi, brought seven saliyar (weaver) families from Valliyoor in Thirunelveli district, Tamil Nadu, to Balaramapuram. The location where they settled is known as Saliyar street.
Accident Prone Areas
Main Projects through the Station
- Janamythri Sureksha Project
- Clean Campus Safe Campus in schools - Govt. HSS Balaramapuram, Mudavoorpara HS, Chavadinada HS and MCHS Kottukalkonam.